Use of the district’s networks, computers, software, and Internet access is considered a privilege, not a right. Inappropriate use may result in school disciplinary action which could include revocation of user privileges, suspension, and/or dismissal from Francis Tuttle.
Francis Tuttle Acceptable Use of Technology – Use of the district’s technology (networks, computers, software, and internet resources) must only be in support of educational objectives and/or district business. Any individual who uses the district’s resources to access the Internet or engage in any electronic or digital communication is required to participate in the district’s education efforts (undertaken pursuant to the Children’s Internet Protection Act) and comply with the district’s technology policies.
Francis Tuttle Unacceptable Use of Technology – Unacceptable use of the district’s technology (networks, computers, software, and internet resources) includes sending or receiving any material in violation of any federal, state, or local regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, copyrighted material, threatening material, obscene material, pornographic material, and/or material protected by trade secret.
District technology may not be used for personal gain; advertising products; promoting political points of view; or to vandalize, damage, disable, or disrupt the property of the district, another individual, organization, or the network.
Expressly prohibited activities involving district technology include, but are not limited to:
|Illegal Activities||Illegal activities are strictly forbidden.|
||You may not:
– Initiate unauthorized transmissions of District-owned or maintained information.
– Use another person’s user IDs, passwords, identifying codes, or personal identification numbers.
– Share your own user IDs, passwords, identifying codes, or personal identification numbers.
– Access and/or reveal personal addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers, credit card numbers, or personal information of others.
– Use another person’s files, system, or data without permission.
– Attempt to circumvent or subvert system security measures.
– Execute any form of network monitoring which will intercept data.
– Participate in any form of identity spoofing or theft
||You may not:
– Download, upload, or transmit copyrighted materials (software, music, movies, etc.) not legally obtained.
– Make unauthorized copies of copyrighted materials, such as licensed software, music, movies, etc.
– Remove any proprietary markings, modify, make derivative works of, adapt, translate, decompile, or reverse engineer copyrighted software.
|Content and Language
||You may not:
– Transmit information, which contains obscene, indecent, or lewd material or other material, which explicitly or implicitly refers to sexual conduct.
– Use email, messaging services, or social media to bully, harass, or intimidate another person, for example, by distributing unsolicited messages or email.
– Use inappropriate language (swearing, vulgarities, etc.).
||You may not:
– Cause security breaches or disruptions of network communication with actions such as:
+ Ping floods
+ Packet spoofing
+ Denial of service
+ Forged routing information
+ Propagating viruses
+ Damaging files
– Port and/or security scan for malicious intent
||District provided electronic mail (email) is not guaranteed to be private or secure. Email must adhere to Content and Language guidelines.|
Francis Tuttle is not responsible for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through the Internet. Francis Tuttle takes precautions to eliminate the access of inappropriate Internet sites.
I understand that all technology resources, including devices, programs, and data; electronic or hard copy, at Francis Tuttle Technology Center shall be used solely for legitimate educational or district business purposes. By signing below, I agree to abide by the rules stated in this Technology Use Agreement. I understand that my usage of the Internet may be logged, monitored, and/or reviewed by Francis Tuttle personnel. I further understand that I will be subject to disciplinary action, which may include revocation of user privileges, suspension, and/or dismissal for any violation of this agreement.